Skylight Quality Consultancy FZE
Established in 2015, evolved through years as a promise beyond handshakes, for our clientele. A covenant of clarity, rapidity, and conclusive we walk that extra mile with our client to fulfil their requirements. We train and help our clients to get certified with the following: Quality Management System (ISO 9001); Food Safety Management System with regards to (ISO 22000); Environment Management Systems (ISO 14001); Information Security Management (ISO 27001);Energy Management System 50001; Occupational Health and Safety Management (OHSAS 18001); Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), etc. We thank our clients with sincere gratitude for making us a success in the various pursuits that we undertake.
P O Box: 233924 Dubai, U.A.E.
E-Mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- ISO 9001 : 2015
- ISO 14001 : 2015
- ISO 22000 : 2015
- ISO 50001 : 2011
- ISO 27001 : 2013
- BS 10500 : 2011
- OHSAS 18001
- CE Marking
- Risk Management
ISO 9001 is a standard that sets out the requirements for your a quality management system. ISO 9001 is centered on the idea of Continual Improvement which is key in enabling your a business organization to become more efficient with improved customer satisfaction. It doesn’t stipulate what the objectives relating to quality and customer service should be, instead it aids in defining the most effective objective which continually improves to reach the ultimate goal. This standard is pertinent and accessible to all types of business organization.
• Assess the overall perspective of the organization to outline how stakeholder are affected by your work and their expectation. This helps in clearly stating the objectives and identifying new opportunities.
• Consider customers as more than just sources of income by making sure you meet their changing needs and enhance customer satisfaction. This can leads to increased customer loyalty and widens the business’s future prospects.
• Meets the vital legislative requirements.
• Paves way to expand into new markets as most clients require ISO 9001.
• Identify and assess potential risks within the business organization.
• Work in a more efficient way as the process is understood by everyone bringing internal cost down.
• Enhances the marketing process.
Ensure that customers get consistent good quality goods and services which bring in return many business benefits and increase ROI.
Food safety is a mounting concern and impacts the consumers and businesses all around the world. Although much of the world’s food supply is safe the potential danger of food- borne diseases is an issue that garners a lot of attention. Food related diseases affects millions of people and causes a lot of unwelcomed cost annually. Globalization in all fields including the food industry calls for internationally recognized standard for food safety.
The Food Safety System Certification FSSC 22000 provides a context for effectively managing your food safety and quality requirements. It is fully recognized and closely allied with the exiting ISO standards. FSSC 22000 remains the only ISO based FSMS (Food Safety Management System) Certification Scheme that is recognized by GFSI. It demonstrates the commitment of the business towards meeting the food standards, considering its impact on consumers.
Since the inception of FSSC 22000, it has positioned itself to be in the pinnacle of global food standard certifying scheme. FSSC 22000 upgrades itself to meet the growing needs of international food sector. It incorporates sector specific technical specification.
FSSC 22000 was developed to make ISO 22000 more accessible. Business organizations throughout the food industry can take advantage from FSSC 22000 regardless of their complexity. The manufacturers and producers include
• Perishable animal products (e.g. meat, poultry, eggs, dairy and fish products).
• Perishable vegetal products (e.g. packaged fresh fruits and fresh juices, preserved fruits, packaged fresh vegetables, preserved vegetables).
• Products with a long shelf life at ambient temperature (e.g. canned products, biscuits, snacks, oil, drinking water, beverages, pasta, flour, sugar, salt).
• Food ingredients (e.g. vitamins, minerals, bio-cultures, flavorings, enzymes and processing aids).
• Food packaging materials (direct, indirect contact with the food).
• Food and feed for animals (e.g. animal feed, fish feed).
• Primary animal products (e.g. milk, fish, eggs, honey).
The audit process for FSSC 22000 has a three year cycle. Licensed CBs certify business organizations to prove that the food safety and quality management system complies with the requirements of FSSC 22000. Continual improvement is again an integral part of FSSC 22000. To ensure these CBs come on a minimum of one surveillance audit per year followed by recertification audit once in every three years.
Sustainable development is a growing concern today that draws much attention. Environment, Society and Economy being the three pillars of sustainable development it is vital to achieving equilibrium between these elements so as to meet the present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. Increasing awareness of the issue of sustainability has led to pressure from various stakeholders on an organization, to be more committed towards the environmental concerns they are guilty of. This has led to organizations adopting a systematic approach to environmental management.
ISO 14001 is an intercontinental approved standard requirement for an environmental management system that assists a business organization improves their environmental performance through a more proficient use of resources, reducing wastage and gaining a competitive advantage with confidence from stakeholders. Like all ISO management system standards, ISO 14001 includes the need for continual improvement of an organization’s systems and approach to environmental concerns increasing the effectiveness of the management system. Different organizations have different compliance obligations that are to have strictly adhered in order to meet the standard.
There are valid vital reasons for an organization to consider ISO 14001. There is no better teacher than experience, users of this standard report that ISO 14001 aids:
• Improve reputation: Although it is not a mandatory requirement the recent change in preference and concern of consumers causes the organization to be at an advantage when having met the ISO 14001 requirements.
• Comply with legal requirements: It provides an outline to identify, monitor and control various environmental legal requirements that apply to the process.
• Improvement in cost control: Reduces cost through a more efficient use of resources and reduced wastage by discovering areas for reduction in input resources
• Achieving business aims that incorporate environmental issues, reducing external pressure both from government and community
The heart for the approach of the environmental management system is established on the concept of Plan- Do- Check- Act.
• Plan: set environmental objectives
• Do: implement the processes and take measures.
• Check: monitor and scrutinize the process to ensure it meets the requirement
• Act: continually improve the process
Restriction of Hazardous Substance, RoHS is a directive and law that restricts the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment so as to prevent those unsafe materials from entering the landfills. All products to enter into the EU market ought to comply with RoHS directive.
This law is applicable to any business that sells electronic products or components directly or through resellers or distributors to the EU market. They are all greatly impacted if they use any of the restricted materials. Hence manufacturers need to comprehend the requirements for RoHS clearly to be on a safer zone. Producers who place RoHS non-compliant products on the EU market risk facing severe penalties that include fines, confiscated goods, loss of the right to sell into the EU market and related loss of market share, and loss of reputation.
Complying with this law is quite vital as it is not only the EU market as a point of discussion. The restricted material is perilous to the environment as they finally reach landfills. A more important concern is that they are hazardous when exposed to them during the manufacturing and disposal process.
RoHS is closely linked with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE). While WEEE compliance aims to encourage the design of electronic products with environmentally-safe recycling and recovery i.e. safe disposal in mind ROHS regulates the inputs into the production process.
RoHS specifies maximum levels for the following 10 restricted substances.
• Lead (Pb): < 1000 ppm
• Mercury (Hg): < 100 ppm
• Cadmium (Cd): < 100 ppm
• Hexavalent Chromium: (Cr VI) < 1000 ppm
• Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB): < 1000 ppm
• Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE): < 1000 ppm
• Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP): < 1000 ppm
• Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP): < 1000 ppm
• Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): < 1000 ppm
• Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP): < 1000 ppm
RoHS Certification helps you in developing your ‘Compliance Assurance System’ which is good to be integrated with the quality management and environmental management system to reap maximum benefit. This will improvise the restriction control system of your organization.
“Energy efficiency is the most promising means to reduce greenhouse gases in the short term,” said Yvo de Boer, Former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Energy consumption is a growing problem today in response to the increasing population. We cannot continue the business in its usual path if we are to consider this growing issue. We need a green revolution in the business sector which should be based on renewable energy production and energy efficiency.
ISO 50001:2011 is a universally accepted standard for energy management. By establishing, maintaining and improving energy management system it enables an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving energy efficiency and consumption. This is applicable to any organization wishing to ensure that it conforms to its stated energy policy and wishing to demonstrate this to others. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management. Implementing an energy management system makes the employees and members of the organization become aware of the cost of energy consumption and methods to have a control over the cost and wastage.
• Improved efficiency in energy consumption thus reducing average cost.
• Meet energy related policies.
• Reduce impacts on environment.
• Provide a framework to:
• Develop efficient energy usage policy
• Set objectives to meet the policy
• Measure and asses energy use
• Support from stakeholders of different levels.
• Contribute to curbing greenhouse effect
• Improved reputation
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard. ISO/IEC 27001 not only helps protect your business, but it also sends a clear signal to customers, suppliers, and the market place that your organization has the ability to handle information securely. ISO/IEC 27001 is a robust framework that helps you protect information such as financial data, intellectual property or sensitive customer information. It ensures appropriate security inspections, adequate information resources security and it provides appropriate safety to customers and to other interested parties.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27001:
• Reduces business risk
• Helps us comply with regulations
• Helps protect our business
• Inspires trust in our business
• Increases our competitive edge
• Reduces the likelihood of mistakes
A commitment to ethical behavior is a vital part of the corporate governance of a well-managed organization. An anti-bribery policy is an essential component of an organization’s business ethics.
BS 10500 is the recognized standard for anti-bribery management. The BS 10500 management system framework encourages organizations to adopt risk-based policies, procedures and controls to avoid corrupt business and to have good governance.
BS 10500 aims to help organizations implement ‘adequate procedures’ to address the following bribery risks in relation to an organization’s activities:
• Bribery by the organization, or by its personnel
• Bribery of the organization, or by its personnel
• Direct or indirect bribery
• Bribery within the country in which the organization is based, and bribery in other countries in which the organization operates
• Bribery of any value, whether large or small
• Bribery involving both cash and non-cash advantages
BS 10500 brings big benefits to all companies. Adopting BS 10500 management system can improve your business confidence, reputation and future growth.
Consumers’ needs and behavior change from time to time. They are currently in need of not only higher dietary quality, hygiene and health standards in the products they purchase, but they also look for certification of products and production methods.
HACCP is the premier tool used by the world’s food industry to manage risks to food safety and quality.
This certification is designed to prevent occurrence of problem and to rectify them if it has occurred. It identifies and prevents all types of potential food hazards. The first step in implementing HACCP is to make a commitment. The next step is to learn about the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system which allows you to develop and implement your own quality system.
The principles of HACCP are given below:
1. Conduct a hazard analysis
2. Identify critical control points
3. Establish critical limits for each critical control point
4. Establish critical control point monitoring requirements
5. Establish corrective actions
6. Establish procedures for ensuring the HACCP system is working as intended
7. Establish record keeping procedures
The effective implementation of HACCP will enhance the ability of companies to: protect and enhance brands and private labels, promote consumer confidence and conform to regulatory and market requirements.
It is a widely recognized and popular occupational health and safety management system. The standard was developed in response to market demand for a health and safety management system standard against which organizations can be assessed and certified. Implementing the standard will send a clear signal to your stakeholders that you view employee’s health and safety as a priority within your organization. OHSAS 18001 is implemented by a wide variety of industries. The Health and Safety standard can benefit any organizations that choose to implement it. Effectively implementing the standard results in a safer working environment for your workforce.
BS OHSAS 18001 certification will:
• reduce risk of serious incidents, financial penalties, loss of reputation and legal costs
• demonstrate to regulators, customers and other stakeholders that the organization is committed to best practice in health and safety management
• ensure you identify and understand legal requirements
• reduce accidents, stress and occupational sickness